This post may contain affiliate links.
This vegan chicken noodle soup is a recipe both meat-eaters and vegans will love because it has that meaty texture of regular chicken soup. I think you’ll like this one. It’s hearty and low carb, too!
Chicken Noodle Soup Without the Chicken?
Absolutely! This recipe uses Gardein Chick’n Scallopini, but you could use any chicken-substitute. Seitan also makes a great alternative for those of you who can tolerate gluten. You could also use a tofu-based sausage as well.
What is vegan chicken made of?
That’s a good question, and honestly, it varies. Some are made from soy protein isolate and others from a product called “seitan” which is basically pure gluten. Both have a good amount of protein without adding too many carbs. If you wanted to go more unprocessed, you could try jackfruit which apparently has a very meat-like texture (I’ve never tried it). Here’s a recipe I found for vegan chicken noodle soup with jackfruit.
Can Vegans eat Noodles?
Ah, that depends. A lot of noodles are egg-based, so that’s out of the question, but there are many egg-free versions out there. I opted to use Miracle Noodles because they’re vegan and literally calorie free! Made from glucomannan, a type of fiber that comes from the root of the konjac plant, they literally take no time to make and they add a good texture and bulk without extra carbs. Love them!
Chickenless Broth? What is that?
I’ve only tried this brand of chickenless broth, but I also found this brand. The Pacific brand is so good, you’d never know it’s not chicken! I can’t really describe the essence of chicken broth, but if you’ve had it, you know what it tastes like and this vegan broth is such a good copycat. You can typically find it at Whole Foods, but you can also order it on Amazon (I recommend getting a whole bunch).
Want More Vegan Soup Ideas?
- Dairy-Free Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Vegan Creamy Tomato Soup With Tofu
- Roasted red pepper, carrot & ginger soup
Vegan chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 container of Imagine No-Chicken Broth find it at Whole foods
- ½ package of Gardein's Chick'n Scallopini or your favorite brand
- 1 zucchini
- 3 carrots
- ½ onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari optional
- 1 package of Miracle No Calorie Noodles
- salt and pepper
- Chop veggies and cook onions, garlic and carrot in a few tablespoons of the veggie broth.
- Once translucent, add remaining veggies (except cilantro) and cook on medium heat for 15 mins, or until veggies are done (careful not to overcook!)
- Cut "chick'n" into small bite-sized pieces and add to soup. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Drain noodles and add to soup.
- If noodles are cold, heat the soup back up to the desired temperature, then remove from heat and add fresh chopped cilantro, lemon juice, tamari and salt, and pepper to taste.