Keto Chicken Soup
A simple, healing keto chicken soup for warding off colds and keeping you warm throughout the winter months.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 people
- .7 lbs of chicken breast about two small breasts - you can cut this into bite-sized pieces or wait until it’s cooked, then pull it out and chop.
- .5 cup finely chopped carrot - thin slices is key!
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cups chicken or veg stock
- 1 cup kale chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice - or more if you like lemony soup
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt - I recommend flake salt because it’s the bomb
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup of water
In a medium or large pot, add the chopped onion, carrot, celery with chicken, vinegar, lemon, and bay leaf. Let simmer until chicken is cooked - about 10 minutes.
If the chicken isn’t cut up, now is the time to take it out and do that. Otherwise, move onto the next step.
Add broth, basil, oregano and let simmer a few more minutes.
Add salt and taste to your liking. You can add more salt, lemon juice or vinegar to suit your taste.
Once the broth is just right, add the chopped kale and stir in.
Turn off heat and let stand for a few minutes until kale is cooked (that won’t take long).
Serve and go!
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.3g | Protein: 20.6g | Fat: 5.5g