Simple Chickpea curry with kale & squash
This simple chickpea curry is perfect for a fall weeknight meal. Make ahead so it's ready to go when you get home. Serve on it's own, with rice or cauliflower rice (if you want to reduce carbs).
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 lrg onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger I use minced ginger in a tube, but feel free to use fresh!
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic also from a jar
- 1 delicata squash chopped (about 2 cups)
- one 15 ounce jar of canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk well stirred
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/8 tsp of stevia
- 2 cups kale torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 handful of minced cilantro for garnish
- salt + pepper to taste
Prep and chop your veggies first.
Heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook for a minute or two until translucent.
Reduce heat, add the garlic and ginger and spices.
Cook for another minute or two. Add the chopped squash, chickpeas, the coconut milk, and stevia. Stir well and reduce heat for 25 mins. Add water if you want to adjust the consistency of curry.
Add the kale and the cilantro to the pan and stir. Remove from stove and let sit for 5 minutes.
Serve the chickpeas over cauliflower rice and feel free to squeeze a little lime juice on it before serving if you're feeling fancy!
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Sodium: 224mg | Fiber: 4g