Easy Shrimp Bisque
A quick and easy bisque that can be served in less than 30 minutes. Healthy and hearty, this soup is a meal on it's own. It's also dairy-free, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Servings: 6 people
Hand immersion blender
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 celery stalks chopped finely
- 3 carrots chopped finely
- 1 cup onion chopped finely
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups veggie or chicken broth
- 2 dozen frozen shrimp
- 1 cup coconut milk or cream from the can
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- dash of hot sauce optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a pot over medium head, add onions, garlic and olive oil and stir well.
After 3 minutes, add the carrots and celery. Stir for another 5 minutes until veggies soften.
Add tomato paste, seasoning, soup stock and coconut milk, then bring to a slight boil (about 5 minutes).
Immediately turn the heat down to medium-low.
Add shrimp and stir. (If shrimp is raw, let it cook for 5 minutes, otherwise just let the pre-cooked shrimp get to soup temperature before going to the next step.
Turn the heat off.
Using a hand blender, give the soup a good blend until every little chunk is gone.
Salt and pepper to taste
Garnish with whatever you have that’s pretty.
- If you'd like to make the soup creamier, add more coconut cream!
- Feel free to play around with the spice mixture. Add more turmeric if you want more of an anti-inflammatory affect.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.8g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10.8g | Saturated Fat: 5.8g | Fiber: 1.9g | Sugar: 4.7g